- LLB (Law)
- Diploma in Legal Practice
- Accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a Specialist in Construction Law
- 'Star Associate' Chambers & Partners 2021
The nature of construction is that no project is completely risk free for any party. The key is to identify and assess: what risks arise; who should bear those risks; and, how those risks are best managed.
Drawing on my 20+ years working in the Construction Sector I help my clients navigate their way through project risks with a view to achieving the best commercial outcome (in the short through to the long term).
I scope out optimum procurement strategies, negotiate building contract and consultant appointment terms, advise on development agreements and providing on-going operational phase advice.
- Advising on the setting up of public sector construction related framework contracts using the NEC suite of contracts.
- Advising a client on the repercussions of the going into insolvency of a major supplier.
- Negotiating terms of building contract for hotel complex.
- Pursuing and defending applications for payment, including advising on terms of Payment and Pay Less Notices