- LLB (Hons) (Law)
- Diploma in Legal Practice
- Member of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Notary Public
- Council Member of the Scottish Law Agents Society
- Member of the Crofting Law Group
I help clients prepare for and deal with some of the more challenging times in life, in particular old age, incapacity and death.
I can help you think through difficult issues relating to your estate, inheritance tax, family dynamics and other matters.
Depending on your needs, I can assist you with the preparation of Wills, Powers of Attorney and Trusts, advising on inheritance tax, legal rights, business succession, care charges and other related areas and helping and advising you when a relative is ill or following a death.
I have particular experience of dealing with succession to interests in crofts. I also advise charities on constitutional issues and setting up new charities.
- Recently I have dealt with a number of complicated executry estates including estates where there are difficulties with the Will, beneficiaries with particular needs or disputes amongst beneficiaries.
- I have advised clients on estate planning, working with other advisors such as accountants and financial advisors to provide rounded advice on inheritance tax and succession issues.
- I have dealt with several guardianship matters to have someone appointed by the court to act on behalf of a family member who no longer has capacity.
- I have dealt with a number of cases involving succession to interests in crofts.