I have worked as a commercial property lawyer in Scotland for more than 20 years, representing clients in both the private and public sectors and I am the current head of WJM’s commercial property group.
I regularly draft full suites of bespoke and customised property documents for developers, investors, lenders and landlords.
Representing landlords and tenants at all stages of the property life cycle gives me an in-depth understanding of the market place and the different parties’ relative negotiating positions.
My experience is across multiple sectors including healthcare, third sector, energy and resources, manufacturing, mining services and retail.
I manage portfolios for developers and asset owners as well as those of operational premises for businesses.
As the people who instruct me are diverse, I have dealt with a wide range of work recently:
• development and leasing of one of Scotland’s largest industrial warehousing parks;
• acquisition of a small portfolio of dental practice premises;
• successful outcome to claims against a Health Board/Scottish Government by general practitioners wishing to challenge size of service charge reimbursement payments
• achieving substantial reduction in landlord’s claim for outstanding repairs against local business
• negotiating disposal of distressed property portfolio at level satisfactory to the original investors