- LLB (Hons) and Dip LP, University of Edinburgh
- LLM (Merit), University of London
- Dual qualified to act in Scotland and English legal systems
- University of Strathclyde CLT commercial conveyancing paralegal course tutor
I help businesses, organisations and people by handling their commercial property legal work in Scotland and south of the border.
The types of clients who instruct me vary hugely. On the one hand, investors might want to use me when buying property portfolios. On the other, businesses and individuals may wish me to act for them when developing land or taking on or exiting leases of their commercial premises.
I also get asked to help solve tricky property problems such as lease dilapidations, repair and service charge disputes. Whatever your property issue may be, I aim to approach it in a thoughtful, diligent and creative way.
As the people who instruct me are diverse, I have dealt with a wide range of work recently:
• development and leasing of one of Scotland’s largest industrial warehousing parks;
• acquisition of a small portfolio of dental practice premises;
• successful outcome to claims against a Health Board/Scottish Government by general practitioners wishing to challenge size of service charge reimbursement payments
• achieving substantial reduction in landlord’s claim for outstanding repairs against local business
• negotiating disposal of distressed property portfolio at level satisfactory to the original investors