I’m the Head of our Inverness office, serving our clients throughout the Highlands & Islands, and beyond. As a business lawyer, I help people turn good ideas into profitable and successful businesses.
My work is all about getting to know you, your business and your family.
Once I know and understand your needs, I then help our wider team to deliver WJM's wide range of expert legal services in a joined-up way that lets you achieve what you want to achieve, whether that's in your business life or at home.
“Angus was very patient and very efficient so it was a smooth process. It was well explained and he was always available.”
Chambers and Partners 2024
Recently I've been involved in the following:
• the share sale of a significant IFA business to a market aggregator;
• the share sale of a large technology company to a US buyer;
• the asset sale of a large leisure business;
• acting in the purchase & sale of numerous other businesses;
• conversion of several partnership businesses into limited company structures;
• advice to medical practices on partnership and commercial issues;
• drawing up farming partnership agreements;
• forming family investment companies as investment vehicles for family wealth;
• advising a number of significant local family businesses plan for succession to the next generation;
• implementing several exits for family business including share buybacks and restructures;
• advising on the formation of a joint venture for a new trading business;
• advised on several start-up businesses requiring external investment;
• helping an institutional client with data protection compliance;
• providing an ongoing data protection service to a PLC;
• advising a large media organisation on TV production contracts;
• advising a local entrepreneur on licensing his patent;
• resolving a long-running trade mark dispute between competitors;
• advising a local community body on a potential new development;
• advising several charities on constitutional amendments; and
• advising clients on hydro, biomass and onshore wind schemes.