- LLB (Hons) (Law)
- Diploma in Legal Practice (Distinction)
- MA (Politics & Gaelic) (Distinction)
- Top Ranked Individual, Chambers’ Guide to the Legal Profession (2010- date)
- Diploma in IT & Telecoms Law
- Certificate in Personal Business Advisory Skills
- Member, Institute of Knowledge Transfer
- Member, Institute of Directors
- Affiliate, British Computer Society; Member
- Scottish Society for Computers & Law
- Member, Licensing Executives’ Society
- Fellow, Royal Society of Arts
- British Marine Federation Legal Advisor for Scottish Members
- Information Technology/Intellectual Property Lawyer of the Year (2008 Law Awards of Scotland)
- Rising Star of the Year (2002 Scottish Legal Awards)
I help people turn good ideas into profitable and successful businesses.
I am also the lead partner in our Inverness office, serving our clients throughout the Highlands & Islands, and beyond.
My work is all about getting to know you, your business and your family.
Once I know and understand your needs, I then help our wider team to deliver WJM's wide range of expert legal services in a joined-up way that lets you achieve what you want to achieve, whether that's in your business life or at home.
In the last few months I've been involved in the following:
- putting in place numerous complex commercial contracts Scottish listed PLC in the utilities sector;
- helping a major business in the energy sector protect its brand overseas;
- advising three significant local family businesses plan for succession to the next generation;
- resolving a long-running trade mark dispute between competitors in the wholesale market;
- restructuring a group of companies for a local business servicing the oil & gas sector;
- advising on the formation of a joint venture for a new multi-million pound construction project;
- acting in the purchase & sale of several businesses;
- advised on several start-up businesses requiring external investment;
- helping an institutional client with data protection compliance;
- advising a large media organisation on revision and updating of its TV production contracts;
- assisting a local government organisation with software licensing agreements;
- helping another listed Scottish PLC on the outsourcing of all its telecoms services;
- acting in the acquisition of wind farm Special Purpose Vehicles;
- advising a local community on a potential new community windfarm development;
- advising clients on hydro, biomass and onshore wind schemes.