- Ranked in Chambers UK
- Member of the Scottish Renewables Forum Marine Group
- LLB (Hons) European Law
- Diploma in Legal Practice
- Notary Public
I am one of Scotland’s leading and most experienced renewables lawyers.
I help you with all the property aspects of your renewable energy project, regardless of generation technology.
I help you by putting in place all property documentation from day one of a proposed project through to generation.
This work can include:
- due diligence in relation to acquisition, funding or investment in projects;
- getting your property package into marketable/fundable form;
- advising landowners on options available to them re renewables developments on their land;
- particular property structures for sharing assets and infrastructure; community developments; and small scale projects.
I have a particular interest in the setting up, development and completion of structures for community ownership of and involvement in renewable energy projects.
I am also a gateway to the rest of our outstanding Renewable Energy Team.
Recently completed all property work in the development, tender process and subsequent divestment by a utility developer of one of its largest UK wind farms.
Took overall lead on the property aspects of the development and financial close of one of Scotland’s most ambitious remaining ROCS projects as well as one of the few onshore wind farms to be awarded a CfD.