- Qualified as a Solicitor in both Scotland and England & Wales
- LLB (Hons)
- Diploma in Legal Practice
- Notary Public
- Affiliate Member of British Computer Society
- Regularly write articles for publications, including The Journal of the Law Society of Scotland, online & print media and professional resource providers
- Board member of a Scottish charitable arts organisation
- Law Society of Scotland certified specialist in cyber security
I’m an experienced corporate and commercial solicitor who advises on contract law, transactions, procurement and disputes.
I help clients by providing practical legal advice on a wide variety of corporate matters, whether it’s navigating the increasing commercial, regulatory and compliance requirements involved with day to day business, drafting and negotiating contracts or planning a joint venture.
Over the years, I’ve helped clients in a variety of sectors including manufacturing, home improvement, electronics, IT, software development, data hosting, professional services (including finance and accounting, recruitment, other solicitors), procurement, catering, charities, BIDS, entertainment, media and sport.
• Assisting software developers with the restructuring of their mobile app business to allow for investment, succession planning and licensing possibilities.
• Advising in relation to tender award issues and related litigation.
• Helping individuals in relation to restrictive covenants and new business start-ups.
• Advising on numerous GDPR and data protection projects, including contact centres (inbound and outbound), leisure and holiday organisations, schools, theatres, and utilities providers.
• Drafting and negotiating service level agreements and reseller agreements for Scottish electronics manufacturer.
• Reviewing and updating standard form terms and conditions for an international manufacturer and supplier in the utilities sector.
• Advising on government contracts, framework agreements, co-operation and collaboration agreements.
• Negotiating international and European distribution agreements for a manufacturer’s new product lines in the consumer electronics and healthcare sector.
• Advising in relation to business to consumer and business to business contract queries faced by industry leading home improvements manufacturer and supplier.
• Consulted by inhouse counsel for global supplies organisation in relation to product liability and subcontractor issues.