- LL.M Environmental Law
- Diploma in Legal Practice
- 1st Class LLB (Hons) Scots Law
- Notary Public
- Member of UK Environmental Law Association and its Scottish Waste Working Party.
- I have been recognised as a ‘Star Member’ of UKELA due to involvement in this sector.
- I give both internal and external presentations, most recently at the Scottish Government’s SNIFFER Conference 2015 on the legal approach to flood risk management and the UKELA Annual Conference 2014.
- I’ve written for the UKELA journal and have provided practice notes in areas such as contaminated land and energy performance certificates.
I am a planning and environmental specialist with both in-house public sector and private sector experience.
Having previously worked as Corporate Solicitor at SEPA, I assisted SEPA in meeting its statutory obligations under the Flood Risk Management (Scotland) Act 2009 and regularly dealt with other bodies including Scottish Government, Scottish Water and various Local Authorities.
I can help guide you through environmental areas and issues you may come across including environmental due diligence, advising on contaminated land and waste, advising on PPC permits, CAR regulations and other SEPA authorisation requirements, enforcement including regulatory compliance and flooding.
In terms of planning work, I am happy to assist in both contentious and non-contentious planning work ranging from negotiating S.69 and S.75 agreements, compulsory purchase, S.42 applications and strategic planning advice including change of use to preparation towards planning appeals.
I was recently involved in two wind farm appeals, one of which was called in by the Scottish Ministers for determination, as well as advising on a certificate of lawfulness application and a radioactive contaminated land matter.