My expertise is in commercial contract and corporate work including IP& IT.
Ranked highly in the independent Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession for a number of consecutive years. The 2020 edition saying:
“Martin O'Neill is a respected practitioner who has notable expertise in franchising as part of a broader commercial contracts and corporate practice. "
Broad ranging commercial advice I provide to WJM clients relates to:-
- Buying and selling businesses
- Terms and conditions of trade and commercial contracts
- Licensing and protection of intellectual property, IT and e-commerce, data protection and freedom of information
- Corporate governance and Shareholders’ Agreements
Recent commercial contract work has seen me act for a wide range of businesses, from local enterprises to international listed companies.
Industry sectors include technology, energy, retail and franchising.
- Advising a leading UK manufacturing business on commercial contracts
- Sponsorship advice to public and private entities relating to high profile music festivals, premier league football and global sports brands
- Advising a major software supplier on licensing and data protection
- Advising several leading UK energy companies on a number of commercial agreements
- Buying and selling high profile franchises
- Advising major UK franchisors on managing their franchise networks and commercial contracts
- Advising public sector bodies and local authorities on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters