- Senior Associate
- LLB (Hons)
- Diploma in Legal Practice
- Notary Public
I assist clients with the property aspects of renewable energy projects at all stages from inception to generation. I have 10 years’ experience in the renewable energy sector, having specialised in the past in property, planning and environmental law, now focusing solely on property matters.
My work includes:
• Providing advice on all property aspects of renewable energy developments;
• Negotiating options, leases and ancillary documentation, including security and restoration arrangements, in relation to renewables projects;
• Conducting property due diligence in relation to large and small-scale developments for funders and developers; and
• Producing Certificates of Title in the context of financings and sales to cover heritable title and property documentation in relation to multi-landowner sites.
My background allows me to provide a well-rounded offering to large and small scale developers, funders and landowners to ensure their projects are fundable and marketable. My experience covers a range of renewable technologies including onshore wind, hydro, tidal and battery storage and I have recently built up considerable expertise in private wire/ICP connection work and more complex site/infrastructure sharing arrangements.
• Negotiating the property documentation for a number of battery storage projects including assisting in the first commercial energy storage project to be sold in Scotland.
• Assisting in all property matters in relation to the development, financial close and sale of Freasdail Wind Farm, Kintyre, one of Scotland’s most ambitious, remaining ROCS projects, including production of two separate Certificates of Title to cover the wind farm site and private wire route.
• Acting alongside our corporate colleagues in the refinancing of a FITS funded hydro scheme, including the drafting of the property aspects of the security documentation and providing a Certificate of Title for the new funders.
• Assisting in the negotiation of complex interface arrangements between different developers and multiple landowners to facilitate shared infrastructure and access requirements.