- LLB (Law)
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science with Law
- Diploma in Legal Practice
- Notary Public
- Professional Member of the Society for Computers and Law
I help my clients on all corporate and commercial aspects of operating their business.
I provide assistance from the initial start-up or purchase of a business to the drafting of bespoke commercial documents such as website terms and conditions and distribution agreements. I enjoy getting to understand my client’s business which allows me to proactively protect them and their livelihood.
I regularly advise clients on data protection whether they require to tweak their existing policies to ensure GDPR compliance or if they are starting from scratch.
I get to know my clients' businesses intimately and how they operate in practice.
Recent transactions I've been involved in include:-
• Providing corporate advice on a £60 million property portfolio acquisition, which included ensuring offshore funding was in place for the purchase in a timely manner.
• Providing advice to a public sector and regulatory bodies in relation to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
• Acting for a ‘Top 5 In The World’ tourist route advising on various legal matters from securing external investment to protecting their trademarks.
• Advice, assistance and drafting in several capital reduction demergers to ensure tax efficient exits for sellers.
• Advised and drafted constitutional documents for a property development joint venture.
• Assisted in negotiating a settlement between the members of a family consulting business where tempers were running high.
• The purchase of £2 million worth of assets for a client, which included undertaking an extensive due diligence exercise, drafting a report on the issues and tailoring documents to fit the client's requirements.
• The purchase of a quartzware manufacturer and fabricator, I also provided advice in relation to external investment required to facilitate the transaction.
• A circa £20 million refinance for a client specialising in the health/care sector – to allow them to expand their business across Scotland and the UK.