I am a Consultant at WJM.
I have nearly 40 years experience of doing business and corporate law - and am in the fortunate position of having many brighter and younger people to work on the detail.
But, experience still counts for a lot - and my own experience of doing an MBO and then merging a business is invaluable. I also hold and have held a number of non-executive directorships and that helps with my consultancy work
- Assisting a substantial, family owned company with the commercialities and practicalities of its first acquisition
- Advising a number of Specsaver Joint Venture Partners on a number of issues
- As the Scottish arm of BMA Law Limited, advising a growing number of GPs and GP practices on partnership issues, property concerns and sundry other topics
- Assisting a US group in relation to its UK holding company and Italian subsidiaries
- Advising a substantial local manufacturing business on share buy backs; joint ventures; and pre-Brexit planning (along with an Avrio colleague)
- Working on a complex capital reduction demerger
- Assisting a Scottish company with its expansion into Switzerland, Holland and Denmark – and working with our Avrio contacts in that regard
- Advising a client in the software security industry on EMI options, company reorganisation and other issues
- Working on a shareholder exit form a multi-national joint venture
- Dealing with the claims of a substantial secured creditor in a complex insolvency