- Master of Law in Construction Law
I counsel on mechanisms and strategies to avoid disputes; and assist in resolving disputes, which do arise. I focus on stakeholders in the Construction sector. I also accept appointments as Mediator, Adjudicator and Arbitrator.
My advice is commercially driven and founded on seeking practical solutions which work. When required I will fight your corner.
I hold a Master of Laws in Construction Law and have provided legal services to the sector for fifteen years. Having run a successful practice myself for a number of years, I was honoured to be invited to join Wright, Johnston & MacKenzie LLP in 2019. Together, we aim to deliver an exceptional client service, particularly to private self-builders and to Small to Medium Sized Enterprises, who may have previously felt under-represented.
• Acting of a specialist modular contractor, in proceedings to enforce an adjudicator’s award and other rights under a building contract in the Technology and Construction Court in London
• Assisting a Groundworks Contractor to manage an under-performing sub-contractor, by strategically exercising contractual rights, leading to effective termination and replacement, without falling into dispute.
• Representing a Joint Venture member in the resolution of a dispute with its JV partner, about the construction of a hydro scheme and division of the profits.
• Advising and assisting a home-owner in the pursuit of the builder and the architect relative to a botched extension works
• Representing an architect in the pursuit of payment of professional fees.