I work with individual clients and their families to plan for the future, providing rounded, thorough but most importantly clear advice on Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney and Inheritance Tax planning.
I assist Attorneys in looking after the financial affairs of incapable persons, Executors in the winding up of deceased person’s Estates and Trustees in the creation, administration and winding up of Trusts.
I develop long term, trusted relationships with my clients, working together to protect and secure their family’s futures.
• I have recently been assisting clients in resolving a dispute with extended family members following the death of a relative without a Will.
• I have assisted farming clients in formulating a succession plan involving the lifetime transfers of farmland and business interests to the next generation in a tax efficient manner.
• I have worked with clients to protect their children’s inheritance from the claims of children from previous relationships.
• I have assisted clients where the deceased died domiciled abroad, without a Will but owning property in Scotland, navigating the legal and procedural complexities this involved.
• I have dealt with the distribution of a £1m+ estate involving farming operations, commercial rental properties and significant investment portfolios, identifying and securing tax reliefs and identifying tax planning opportunities, following the unexpected death of the owner.
• I have continued to support clients during the Covid pandemic with video and socially distanced meetings, providing a prompt and understanding service to clients in times of distress and upheaval.