Planning in the Countryside
Our dedicated Planning & Environment team acts for landowners, farmers and estate owners.
We are experts in undertaking the following types of work:
- Acting for clients in planning appeals, including representation of clients at Planning Committees, and Inquiry and Hearing Sessions on Appeal
- Advising clients on the validity of the use of conditions or planning obligations to restrict the occupancy of new or existing rural housing
- Advising on contaminated land issues
- Waste management
- Minerals applications
- Compulsory purchase orders
- Advising clients where a council has threatened or take enforcement action
In addition, we have a particular specialism in Planning issues in renewables, working with a range of clients from individuals to leading development companies assisting them in every aspect of their wind, hydro, biomass or solar projects. Not only do we act for some of the biggest players in the industry including RWE Innogy UK Ltd, and RES UK & Ireland Ltd, but we also act for individual landowners on small scale renewable energy projects.