Intellectual Property & Commercial
Whether you’re in high tech engineering, bioscience, e-commerce or any other sector, we will help you protect your intellectual property and refine your contractual arrangements in relation to all aspects of your business.
Our team can help you with the following, amongst other things:
- Protecting and using your IP
- Licensing and transfer of IP
- Software development, website development and escrow agreements
- Commercial terms and conditions for the supply of goods and/or services
- Terms and conditions for e-commerce
- Agency agreements, franchise agreements, distributor agreements
- Data protection and freedom of information policies
- Confidentiality, exclusivity and consultancy agreements
- Sponsorship and advertising
We pride ourselves on giving practical legal and commercial advice to our clients in Scotland, England and beyond.
Our Technology Sector team has a “no surprises” approach to fees. We act for diverse client base including owner-managed and family businesses, research institutions, large and small companies of all kinds, as well as individuals.
We lead the way in advising high growth technology companies. With our extensive experience in advising business angels and the companies they invest in, we know what makes a good investment deal work for everyone involved.
We are experienced advisors who:
- Give practical commercial advice to new and established businesses
- Work with you in a straightforward pragmatic way
- Talk and write in plain English, not legalese
- Help you protect and successfully exploit your new products and business ideas
- Make commercial contracts work for you