Making a decision to generate power in your own community is the first step. Whatever your reasons for community generation, we can work with you right from the start.
We’ll help you protect your interests such as your land security, power supply and your project’s unique features. We’ll provide you with a path that starts by securing all your rights, leads onto obtaining all consents, through funding to final construction and, when you get there, selling your power on.
We will work with you to make sure all elements are covered. These elements usually include:
- property and planning matters,
- grid connections,
- financing your scheme – including fundability and compliance,
- buying your generation equipment,
- rural and crofting issues, and
- structuring the organisation set up to run your project.
At every step of the way, we’ll use our expertise to guide you towards your ultimate goal. We’ve helped communities switch on their own power – can we help you with yours?
Our dedicated Renewable Energy team acts for:
- Community Groups
- Crofters, Farmers & Landowners
- Small and Large Developers
We provide advice to clients working in:
- Wind crofting
- Small-scale onshore wind – up to 10 turbines
- Hydro power
- Photovoltaic and other solar power
- Energy from waste
- Wave and tidal power
- Large scale onshore and offshore wind
We have experience in all these technologies ranging across small scale, micro and community generation to large-scale projects.
One crucial area for communities is sound, practical advice on agricultural, rural and crofting issues in renewable energy developments. Our Agricultural & Rural specialists work with developers, landowners and communities to ensure that renewable energy developments are in harmony with local land uses – both now and in the future.