Andrew J P Wilsonajpw@wjm.co.uk
My job is to find ways of resolving disputes for organisations and individuals.
At one end of the spectrum that might require me to be in court. At the other I may be negotiating a solution between the parties involved. Either way it means I spend much of my time working with clients who find themselves in difficult situations and who turn to me to help them move forward to a cost-effective solution.
Whoever I am acting for, I use my many years of experience in dispute management to help them find the most appropriate and effective way of resolving their problem.
My work mainly focuses on commercial disagreements, often in Scotland’s highest courts, though I act for individuals too. My dispute resolution skills are also applied to employment issues: here I help my clients resolve issues affecting their relationship with their employer or their employees.
I provide assistance in a wide range of primarily commercial claims.
Recent examples are:
• Successfully recovering a seven figure sum in damages for losses arising from land contamination
• Negotiating via mediation a six figure breach of contract claim arising out of a complex energy supply system
• Acting for the defenders in a multi-million pound claim for damages following the sale of a business
• Complex Judicial Review proceedings in relation to a wind farm development
• Judicial Review proceedings in relation to a regulatory regime for a professional body
I also provide expert employment advice to a range of clients and have recently completed sign off of on a substantial number of Settlement Agreements in the financial services sector for a major multi-national employer.
I continue to be a director of a newspaper company and provide a wide range of advice to that company.