Our team of Corporate lawyers helps businesses and their owners with practical and cost effective commercial advice.
We know you need practical legal advice from a trusted corporate law firm, without the risk of incurring unexpected costs.
Our experienced corporate lawyers help businesses, and their owners, with:
- starting up companies and joint ventures
- attracting and making investment
- mergers, acquisitions and disposals (including MBOs)
- regulating relationships between shareholders (including fall outs)
- insolvency and corporate recovery
- commercial contracts
- competition law and fair trading
- international transactions
We focus on developing a good relationship with all our clients. As part of that attitude, we aim to operate a "no surprises" approach to fees.
Ken Long is a sensible, pragmatic lawyer who offers tailor-made advice.
We can draw up commercial contracts like agency, distribution and supply contracts, or standard terms of business. Avoiding double meanings and ambiguities when drafting a contract means avoiding litigation at the end of it. Standard documents are useful, but you will need bespoke documents for new relationships and circumstances.
Starting up in business or growing a business can be a risk, and we know that a building without foundations does not last. We can help with practical structures tailored for you.
Our insolvency skills can also help your business. These can help you avoid terminal decline. Surgery may be necessary. Our aim is to focus on business viability for the future.
It’s important to us to know you see us as an integral part of your team. We want you to know you can lift the phone for a chat or drop us an email with a question and be able to rely on receiving a quick, comprehensive and useful reply.
- Sales and Acquisitions
- £5m share sale (financial services company)
- £6m share purchase and then sale (fish farm company)
- £5m share purchase (property company)
- £2m shares sale (nursing home company)
- £3m share purchase (book wholesalers in England)
- £2.8m share sale (licensed trade)
- £4.8m share purchase (leasing and property company)
- £2.5M share purchase (construction company)
- £7m private equity investment (marine renewables company)
- £5m fundraising (manufacturing company)
- £2m fundraising (research and development company)
- £1m private equity investment (employee-owned consultancy company)
- £3.5m restructure of family business (construction)
- Administration of a company with 100 outlets (advising the Directors and then the business purchaser)