Business Recovery & Insolvency
Our cross-disciplinary team delivers our Business Recovery and Insolvency service, using our corporate restructuring, litigation, debt recovery and property specialisms to deliver a targeted, effective and complete service to our clients.
We act for numerous Insolvency Practitioners, in securing appointments and recovering book debts, and have represented numerous businesses whom we have helped through their restructuring. We also have particular expertise in the niceties of property deals in insolvency situations.
Our services cover the following main areas:
- Advising on whether a business can be saved, and if so how, through planning the restructuring, including negotiations with banks and major creditors.
- Putting in place all manner of legal documentation, from pre-pack administrations to sales by liquidators, to ensure the transfer of the sellable parts of any business, whether in formal insolvency or as part of a non-insolvent restructuring.
- Helping to recover book debts to increase cash flow and helping to stave off formal insolvency and provide a return to creditors.
- Advising on the employment law consequences of an insolvent or non-insolvent business transfer, including detailed TUPE and redundancy advice.
- Realising commercial property assets through forced sales, whether under fixed or floating securities or not.
By combining our specialisms into a single, cross-disciplinary team, we can address all stages of a business in financial decline, with the initial aim of helping it to recover and, if that proves not to be possible, managing the wind-down.
From a creditors’ perspective, our wide range of skills and experience allows us to move quickly and efficiently across the various specialisms to secure the best possible results for our clients. Our single-team approach also allows us to introduce seamless handover between the members of the team.
We are highly experienced in all of our specialisms. We provide a partner-led service, calling on the expertise of our partners Graham Bell and Steven Docherty. Between them, they have over 25 years of insolvency-related experience under their belts. Each works in our cross-disciplinary team which draws in experience from the employment law and commercial property sectors.
We are able to respond quickly whenever issues arise, from lodging liquidation petitions on the same day as the instruction is received, to arranging directors’ meetings and resolutions, to preparing and lodging all necessary court or other documents to protect the position of creditors.
We are highly effective in our chosen fields, securing exceptional results for our clients, whether our clients are one of the Banks, a standard creditor, or a company which is itself in financial difficulty.