Prevention is always better than cure, and that is particularly true in a construction context.
Clients who have the advantage of the expert commercial advice we offer at the contracting stage are ideally placed to ensure that their projects are delivered on time and on budget, while also minimising the risk of disputes arising.
We act for all types of client such as:
- funders and
- members of the professional team.
Our experience extends to advising in relation to all types of construction documentation including:
- development agreements,
- building contracts (standard forms and bespoke),
- collateral warranties and
- novation agreements.
Examples of projects in which we have acted include:
- Acting for Sabhal Mor Ostaig in relation to the construction contracts and appointments for the new college building at Kilbeg, Isle of Skye.
- Acting for Luddon Construction Limited in relation to the construction for a Council of an Anaerobic digestion Plant.
Our team also advises on the Corporate aspects of contracting - setting up the appropriate project-specific vehicles to ensure limited liability and exposure while ensuring sufficient flexibility to ensure the project can advance.