- LLB (Hons)
- First female solicitor in Scotland to be accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a Specialist in Debt & Asset Recovery Law
- Masters in Employment Law
- Dual qualified in Scots and English Law
- Civil Litigation Tutor at the University of Glasgow on the Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
I advise clients in all forms of disputes be that in the workplace or in contractual/property disputes.
I am accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a specialist in Debt and Asset Recovery Law and have extensive experience dealing with recovering both secured and unsecured debts.
I am also very experienced in asset finance matters. I have over 10 years experience appearing in Sheriff Courts throughout Scotland. I also have experience appearing at Employment Tribunals and taxi licensing hearings.
- I recently acted for a secured lender in an action for reduction of a standard security where the value of the debt owed exceeded £1.2million. The case was very interesting as it involved issues about the knowledege and extent of the alleged fraud.
- I have experience acting for Title Indemnity Insurers in high value claims involving mortgage fraud. My recent experiences also include acting for secured lenders where the securities have been assigned and in September 2017 the Law Society of Scotland published an article in The Journal that I wrote on this topic.
- In January 2016 I wrote an article that was published in Scottish Legal News about the difficulties enforcing standard securities involving dissolved limited companies. This resulted in me being invited by the Scottish Law Commission to give my input on this area of the Law as part of the Ninth Programme of Law Reform due in 2018.