- BSc (Hons) Computer Science
- Diploma in Legal Practice
- Notary Public
I help businesses of all sizes by providing them with practical advice on the issues they face.
I work with sole traders, partnerships, start-ups, and SMEs of all sizes right through to listed companies and household names.
I help the very smallest and the very largest businesses. Some are just starting out in business, others are growing, still more are long established, multi-generational family businesses.
My work is broad and includes:
- buying and selling businesses for clients, whether involving assets or shares;
- carrying out due diligence for clients (if buying) or preparing them for the process (if selling);
- early stage investments and follow-on investments, including private equity;
- negotiating commercial contracts e.g. joint venture agreements, non-disclosure agreements, agency agreements, transfers of intellectual property rights;
- drafting constitutional documents e.g. shareholders' agreements and articles, partnership agreements; and
- advising on directors' duties and corporate benefit issues.
A former computer programmer, I have an interest in and enjoy working with technology businesses.
My recent work includes:
- share purchases for a listed company client;
- completing a number of investments for one of Scotland’s leading angel investment syndicates;
- assisting a renewables company with a further investment round;
- providing advice on taking security under Scots law;
- helping clients to resolve a shareholder dispute without the need for litigation;
- share buy backs;
- succession planning for a successful family business; and
- advice in relation to the incorporation and dissolution of companies.