- LLB (Hons)
- Diploma in Legal Practice
- Certificate of Proficiency in Insolvency (ICAS)
Losing a family member or partner is a life changing event that is fraught with emotional and practical challenges.
I specialise in helping families through the legal complexities surrounding end of life in an empathetic and practical manner.
I also help individuals, families and business owners with their succession plans. I focus on understanding your family dynamic, your asset portfolio and your business before advising on the most appropriate strategy and legal structure to help you achieve your succession objectives. Having a background in family business I understand and empathise with the complexities that owning a family business has on family relationships and how best to manage these challenges. This work involves an overlap in corporate and private client disciplines.
I also have expertise in insolvency and helping businesses in financial distress.
- I have recently been involved in Court of Session unfair prejudice petition where a shareholder dispute arose in a family business following the death of the business principal. I acted for the executors of the deceased contesting the valuation mechanism and the process for realising the deceased's shares.
- I also have a number of larger executry matters involving inheritance tax, family businesses and family trusts.
- I regularly assist clients advising on Adults with Incapacity legislation, either applying for guardianships or drafting Powers of Attorney.