- LLB (Hons) (Law)
- Diploma in Legal Practice
I help you to resolve employment or other disputes quickly and efficiently, whether through negotiation, mediation or litigation.
I aim to provide straightforward and practical advice to help you clearly understand your options.
Predicting, and avoiding, conflict leads to more cost-effective solutions so I work with you to understand your commercial and personal pressures.
My expertise covers commercial disputes, employment law, debt recovery, commercial contracts, property and planning.
If a court or tribunal action is required, I have appeared in, and won, many cases in both the Sheriff Court and the Employment Tribunal.
My work is very varied – some recent examples of my everyday work are:
- Helping an employer successfully defend an Employment Tribunal claim for, allegedly, unpaid bonuses;
- Successfully obtaining a court order for payment in a debt recovery action;
- Obtaining a court order for a technology company which prevented a former employee approaching its customers;
- Recovering a substantial amount of unpaid rent on a commercial property for a landlord;
- Advising on a mis-selling claim against a financial institution;
- Advising a franchisee on termination of a franchise agreement;
- Advising on potential claims by former commercial agents;
- Presenting an application to the Lands Tribunal to vary a right of access to a property;
- Preparing training material for companies so their employees get it right first time.