- LLB (Law)
- Diploma in Legal Practice
- Notary Public
- Qualified to practice in England and Wales
- I head up our Commercial Property team
I help businesses buy, sell, lease and develop all types of land and buildings throughout Scotland as well as in England and Wales.
Increasingly I look after family businesses, advising not only on property issues but also other issues which affect the business and the controlling family, including governance and succession.
While I deal with the full range of commercial property from buy-to-let portfolios through office blocks and shops to industrial units, I do have particular expertise in the Leisure & Hospitality sector where I act for a range of businesses from individuals to companies. My work is to help you to achieve your commercial property goals regardless of whether you are an investor, a seller, a developer, a landlord or a tenant.
A particular highlight for me is building strong relationships with my family business clients over many years, so becoming part of the “team” which builds and sustains their businesses.
Recent activity includes:
- acting for a family business in the refinance of several hotels in Scotland, involving also a restructure of the ownership of the hotels;
- acting in the refinance of a company with over 60 depots throughout the UK;
- acting for a family pension fund in the purchase of several investment properties.