We have had a long-standing involvement with private equity, often known as business angel, investment. We have acted for a variety of investors (including individual investors, consortiums and public bodies) and businesses at all stages of development, whether they are local, national or international.
We work closely with LINC Scotland. LINC Scotland is the national association for business angels in Scotland. It has a membership network of hundreds of investors, including those operating individually, many of the best known groups and syndicates, and a number of significant private offices.
We can provide advice on all aspects of private equity/angel investment, including:
- Equity investment
- Investor readiness
- Preparing for and implementing due diligence
- Debt funding
We know you need practical legal and commercial advice, without the risk of incurring unexpected costs. As part of that attitude, we aim to operate a no surprises approach to fees.
Our team is experienced and the Chambers UK 2008 Guide to the Legal Profession confirmed that:
- “peers are impressed by its advice on private equity matters”
- Corporate Head, Ken Long, is “a sensible, pragmatic lawyer who offers tailor-made advice”
- Corporate Partner, Ewan Hall, has given “a fantastic performance on numerous transactions”
Recent Private Equity deals include:
- For Fortis Cleantech Fund: options to acquire 4 SPV’s which have leases over land for wind farms - price aggregate c£20m - £5m each when exercised.
- For EDP Investment in CSTG: £6m equity/debt
- For Scotrenewables (Marine Power) Limited: £6m milestone investment by Bonheur/Ganger Rolf (Norwegian). £3m invested to date in tidal energy turbine project
- For Proven Engineering Limited: £8m equity/debt investment by Low Carbon Accelerator
- For Mathesons Bakeries Limited: £1m equity/debt investment by Symphony Investment Limited
- For Envirotyre Limited: £0.5m equity/debt investment by Symphony Investment Limited